Monday, July 30, 2007

Here We Go!

Hello All:

Just thought I would let you know what's going on since my last post. It seems the people over at Dave Ramsey's organization didn't like my post! I don't think I was bashing anyone, rather just writing the truth, in fact I did include that Ramsey apologized for the error and reimbursed the papers for payment.

Since the posting I have had several e-mails from the Ramsey organization requesting that I allow then to post to my blog a retort. I sent back a e-mail asking if what I had reported was true, they said yes, but it wasn't Dave, but rather an ex employee who had been guilty of the error.
Believe me I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I think this is a good example of damage control. I wanted to be fair and balanced, so I sent 2 e-mails asking them to either call me or I would call them to find out their side and if I felt their explanation was valid I would post it for all to see.

Instead I received this e-mail:

James, I don't need/want/have time to carry on a conversation with you
on this issue. I simply asked if you would make your comments open to
all people so I could leave a comment of my own. If you don't want to
do that, that's fine, but please don't try to force a conversation with
me after I told you I would only discuss it publicly on your blog.

Chris Thomas
Director of National Advertising

What's the saying if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck etc.....

I will not be silent on issues I believe to be factual and truthful; besides this organization claims to be a "Christian" one, which I believe needs to hold a higher standard then any other organization.

Be well.