Saturday, June 2, 2007

Short Sales: How to Contact People in Pre-Foreclosure

by James Gage


Many times a week I get phone calls from investors’ asking me what method should they use to make initial contact with people in pre-foreclosure; should they use letters or pick up the phone?

My take is this, neither! Why copy what your competition do is doing, why not go directly to the horse’s mouth – knock on their door ! There is nothing better then eye ball to eye ball and belly to belly, but Jim , I couldn’t possible due that; I don’t like confrontation. Well, if you know what you’re doing it won’t be confrontational- if you need help don’t hesitate to contact me together we can overcome your problem; I have over 20 plus years of just doing that!

So in summary my first method of contacting individuals in pre-foreclosure is:

1. Door knocking, followed by 2. Phone calls and finally 3. Letters (which 99.9% of the time when received will make its' way to the circle file, aka the trash).