Monday, October 26, 2009

Real Estate Tip: New Flooring Product

Hello Everyone:

My friend Ann Belemy just sent me this E-Mail, so I thought I would pass it along to you for your review.

Be well.

James A. Gage

Update on the new product below!

One of my customers read last month's newsletter and tried the new flooring product I mentioned. He said it went down extremely easily and was great! In case you missed it, I've included the tip below. Thanks, Brandon, for the feedback!!

New product might make a landlord's life a little easier

Hey, I have no stake in this, but I saw a new product the other day that I thought looked awesome. It is similar to laminate flooring, like Pergo, but has a lot more pluses.

It's called Allure, and it is a solid vinyl, somewhat flexible flooring in planks that are oblivious to moisture, wear like iron, look much better than most laminate, and are cost effective for the longer term. The planks adhere to each other with a double faced adhesive strip that can be lifted and replaced at will. The floor can get soaked without any effect other than having to clean it or get the moisture up from under it.

So you can install it in a rental without worrying about moisture causing the seams to swell and buckle. No underlayment is needed.

I haven't tried it yet, but the flooring guy at Home Depot loves it. It is in stock at $1.79 per SF, and you score it with a utility knife and snap it when you are installing it.